Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Up close and personal, finally...

Hello World! Opps... (this a blog, not a computer program output test!)

My Dear Distinguished Reader, the Time Person of the Year 2006 (YOU!):

Being 'linked' is not enough. The world now demands web 2.0-ish rich media, and applications! It's no longer about things: markets or technologies, but people: life. And life ought to be rich in colors and things unexpected....

Well before I start rambling endlessly, I suppose it's a good idea to write a brief intro before I continue pestering this blog with bits and pieces of life trail... I'm not going to post personal information up though, as you can always google me (or just about any other person who matters in this world) if you know my name etc -- info voyeurism has gone mainstream as a passion for many at this digital facebook age!

No, I'm not a newbie, and this is not my first blog post. I first spammed the Net in 1992 (using a phony email sender and usenet+gopher+bbs submitter information), making me one of the first few spammers in the world. And I uploaded my first marketing-centric HTML-based document on the Web in 1993 making me one of the first web marketers too (or web spammer, eh?). I've long stopped spamming though, and now advocate more responsible use of the Internet and handling of information.

As you can see, this is the first entry in one of my countless blogs. I'd like to think that I've been 'blogging' (on the Internet) for over a decade now having sent countless emails and posted countless documents on the Web all these years but it wasn't until early 2007 when I really start blogging more consistently. One of the first post I made on Blogspot that I trace in this same account was dated as early as 2002 (or earlier, I remember correctly).

Unfortunately though, as much as I'd like to document 'my life' for people like you my fine reader to peek into, my Nokia 6630 (the latest 'in' thing back in late 2004/early 2005) failed on me earlier this year after a tough drop on a cement floor and since then I've been reduced from a 'cam whore' to a mere actor of this thing called life -- To make things worse, the owner of a local phone dealer/repair shop took well more than half a year attempting to supposedly fix my 6630 but finally alleging that the damned thing can't be fixed even by Nokia KL HQ which he alleged to have indeed sent the device to but returned in a useless state after my insisting on its return after the ridiculously long zero-hope period (I'm having a hard to believe him though!).

Now that I've finally gotten cheered again with another latest from Nokia during the second half 2007, an N95 that is (the N-series group sounds like a Beamer to me!), and there's this thing called Lifeblog on it its latest Nokia symbian-based OS, it's time to start 'camwhoring' again, -- meaning that I'd document more about things and other people who I happen to encounter on day-to-day basis, in the forms of images, audio and video instead of in the boring text-dominated format, or just posing for others.

So, stay tuned for more of my 2.0 stuff... (via Blogspot, Picasa, YouTube, Google Earth, SlideShare, Imeem, Facebook etc.)


Subuh
Taman Melati, Kuala Lumpur
(During the GK3 @ KLCC week)

No comments: