Friday, December 21, 2007

Eid al-Adha al-Mubarak!

I'm a geek, so I facebooked* digital greeting cards including one to myself (see below, instead of spending lots of cash using the mainstream SMS/mobile text-messaging), as well as setting up a FB event on this year's Aidil Adha (that's celebrated by a billion plus Muslims all over the world) over the course of three days beginning Thusday Maghrib (19dec07 ~7.15p ~ 10 Thw al-Hijjah) until Saturday dawn (22dec07).


Am still in Eid holiday mood... While most other Malaysians have to go back to work today (Friday), I get to take good morning rest, cooking at home, and doing other domestic chores which include eating and eating... and testing GPS and download maps onto my mobile phone plus spending hours playing around more with Google Earth and Google Maps -- I wonder when I'd make another road long trips like I did back then exactly ten years ago, driving from Michigan to Pasadena, California and back in nine days (covering well over 8000 miles I believe), so I'd get to really use this supa dupa geo-technology. But I've only gone to one open house yesterday. Perhaps, I'll do a Open BBQ-event tomorrow, or crash some others' houses... (Isn't there any Adha Open House by politicians and govt. agencies like for Aidil Fitri, CNY, Deepavali Xmas etc?)

Selamat menjalankan ibadah korban... (Happy sacrificing, symbolically, and actually!)

p/s: MORE PROOF THAT i'M a GEEK: I am listening to Dr Irfan Khairi's JejakJutawan interview slot via live streaming of Radio24... (I ada jumpa anchor stesen ni baru ni, sikit punya 'ayu'..., hehe) - Dr Irfan is another Malaysian-born Millionaire Geek btw! When not listening to Radio24 (on radio or via Internet), I watch Joost, and listen to podcasts and catch up with vodcasts via iTunes and on my new N95 super phone. I'm now watching less, and less TV (one-way video feeds)... After all, I'm the Web Pod! ;)

* Like the word 'google', 'facebook' has made it to dictionaries!!

No comments: