Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thin Air

Not just hot air, but love is in the air, and it's damn thin!

I'm talking about Mac and Apple, off what Jobs just showcased to us in the MacWorld 2008 this week. And I'm about to love Mac as ever, although I no longer use Mac for years now... In fact, it's been more than five years since I last own anything Mac (although I still touch them, friend's and at college labs etc). Nowadays, I sport a latest HP tablet PC notebook and a Nokia superfly phone, but the longing for Macs hasn't died. After all, I still use iTunes to listen to music and spending countless hours every day listening to podcasts and viewing vodcasts.



Well, maybe 2008 will be the year I'm back with Macs and iPhone, assuming they will arrive in time, and arrive big in Malaysia soon! As I'm about to start another company next month, and think I'd like to write a wish list for the startup equipments, and they will definitely include:-
  1. MacBook Air (superthin notebook down to 0.16-inch!) starting $1799
  2. Apple Time Capsule (extreme wireless backup via 802.11n) with 500GB or 1TB of storage starting $499
  3. Airport Extreme with Gigabits router ports with wireless speed exceeding 200MBps!* starting $179
  4. Apple TV starting $229 (price drop)
  5. iPhone starting $399 (with telco plan or RM2000+ for unlocked ones, unauthorizedly)
Any Apple enthusiasts wanna work with me, "swimming" underwater?

* BTW, Wifi-y is supposed to come up some time later this year, with outdoor coverage up to 5-km!! Hmm, bye-bye WiMaX?

No comments: